All episodes available at http://TheNeuroNerds.com. Follow @TheNeuroNerds on Twitter/Instagram and Like us at Facebook.com/TheNeuroNerds.
March is Brain Injury Awareness Month and co-hosts Joe Borges and Lauren Manzano dedicate most of this episode to sharing their brain injury stories as well as spreading more awareness on how to decrease your chance of having a stroke; what to do in the event of a brain injury plus how to know the signs; and post stroke and concussion depression along with other symptoms you may experience after suffering a brain injury.
Topics discussed in this episode are:
- Brain Injury Awareness month and the Brain Injury Association of America's #ChangeYourMind campaign to help increase awareness of brain injury.
- Lauren and Joe's individual brain injury stories - how it happened
- Post stroke and concussion depression and other symptoms post brain injury
- Signs of a stroke or brain injury and what to do
- Joe's experience with meditation post stroke and how he's benefited from this practice using th Headspace app
- How to share your brain injury recovery story on Joe's 'YouSoRock' Spotlight section of his blog, JoeSoRocks.com
Brain Injury Association of America, https://www.biausa.org/changeyourmind
Headspace App, https://www.headspace.com
Lauren Manzano's Spotlight 'YouSoRock' Blog Article, https://www.joesorocks.com/spotlights/2018/2/24/lauren-so-rocks
Co-hosted by Joe Borges and Lauren Manzano
Produced by Joe Borges and Felice LaZae
Edited by Felice LaZae, http://felicelazae.com, @felicelazae on Twitter/Instagram
Theme song produced by Sleep Deez, @sleepvision on Instagram, @sleepdeez on Twitter