All episodes available at http://TheNeuroNerds.com. Follow @TheNeuroNerds on Twitter/Instagram and Like us at Facebook.com/TheNeuroNerds
Summary It's our 50th episode! Which means we're just a few episodes away from our 1-year anniversary! In this episode Joe interviews another one of his #BrainBuddies, Jamie Coyle, creator of Stroke Survivors Never Quit. Former hockey player turned activist, Jamie suffered an adolescent stroke. She shares her recovery journey, dealing with people who don't understand her deficits and how helping other survivors is her mission. Plus her partner, Kayla joins in to give some insight on being a support system for a loved who has suffered from a stroke. If you are a family member, partner or caregiver to a stroke survivor, what are some ways you support your loved one through their recovery journey and "new normal" life post-stroke?
- Follow Jamie and Stroke Survivors Never Quit on Instagram at @strokesurvivorsneverquit.
- Support The NeuroNerds podcast on Patreon and join our NeuroJedi High Council at www.Patreon.com/TheNeuroNerds- every month we donate a portion of the proceeds from our Patreon supporters to support an individual or charity in the stroke and brain injury survivor community. Our January Patreon Donation Spotlight was stroke survivor Ryan and his wife and caregiver, Anna Teale. February spotlight to TBA soon!
- Co-hosted by Joe Borges and Lauren Manzano
- Find Joe at http://joesorocks.com and @joesorocks on Twitter/Instagram and submit your stroke/brain injury recovery story at https://www.joesorocks.com/submit-your-story
- Find Lauren at @laurenlmanzano on Instagram, @tankbbg on Twitter
- Produced by Joe Borges and Felice LaZae
- Edited by Felice LaZae, http://felicelazae.com, @felicelazae on Twitter/Instagram
- Theme song produced by Sleep Deez, @sleepvision on Instagram, @sleepdeez on Twitter
- Sponsored by Avid Technology and our Patreon Supporters